I had the incredible opportunity to be a part of Claudia Chan’s S.H.E. SUMMIT Lifestyle and Leadership event this weekend.
You know that I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that because my mission is that of connecting women to one another, in support of each other here’s a quick run down:
From the way that I learned about the conference…Long story short: my father in law’s cousin, whom I have never met and who lives in Virginia has been following my writings for about 2 years. She knows I am all about supporting women, so she asked me what I thought about the event. I did my research and felt compelled to connect the dots.
Bella NYC Magazine is a positive media outlet for women, we had to be there.
Today, I have many stories to share about the conference. The most exciting one being to see the common thread of all the stories shared by not just the speakers, but by every woman there those 2 days: they saw a need, they had a vision and had the courage to take it on.
Here are some powerful words I took away with me:
- “Substance is the new sex and the city. Collaborate not compete.” Claudia Chan
- “Woman are solving problems, playing where no one is playing.” Whitney Johnson
- “Be fearless when asking for help, specially when you need money.” Reshama Saujani
- “Woman need to take claim their space.” Joanne Wilson
- “Establish your core values as a business. Be clear on what you’re going to say no to.” Piera Geraldi
- “No change, no change.” Suparna Bhasin
- “the outside world is a reflection of our internal world.” Our job is to tune in, tune in, tune in.” Gabrielle Bernstein
- “Give everyone in your life 5 minutes. It may change your life.” Her mother told her as a child on fear: “You are my child and I am not afraid of you. I will never allow you to be afraid of yourself.” Lauren Ruotolo
- “Step forward, the world needs you. If you want to rock the system, you need to know who your are.” Dondeenaa Bradley
- “We need to change the language that ‘Doing social good, doesn’t mean not creating profit.” Natalia Oberti Noguera
- “Feminine skills are the operating system of the 21st century.”
- “Woman don’t ask, woman don’t advertise. Your work doesn’t speak for itself, you have to speak for your work. People need to know who you are. Be yourself skillfully.” Anita Sands
- “Women need to learn we own the world too.” Gloria Felt
- “If we are going to help each other get there, we need to take responsibility for stepping up and out for each other. We have to help each!” Joi Gordon
- “Women need men to grow their business. It’s a synergy needed for the advancement of not just their business, but the the world.”
- “A strong brand is a brand with a purpose.Success is doing what you love. I always try to hire someone who is better than me at something I don’t know so I can learn from them.” Lubov Azria
- “Be a go-giver not a go-getter.” Agapi Stassinopoulos
- “If it doesn’t serve you, say no when you need to say no.” Latham Thomas
I am so grateful for my conference buddy Yvonne Fallon for connecting me to this amazing movement. The ripple effects that S.H.E. Summit will continue to have on every person gathered there this weekend have yet to be seen. Watch out world, here we come!