I love a great handbag! I can’t do without it, especially when I am juggling 2 kids, multiples business, my laptop + multiple other devices. I literally carry my life in two bags.
They have to have enough pockets for all the smaller things (like cell phones, keys, wallet, biz cards), look cute enough that I’m able to show up to a meeting or event without looking disheveled, and tough enough to withstand time, my dogs, and my children.
Side-note: I found a spoon and a pair socks in my handbag last week. A spoon 🥴 That’s for another post!
Believe it or not, some handbags can accentuate your body. I personally use handbags as a statement piece (you can do the same even if your bag is serving diaper bag duties!). But I am very curvy, so I try to compliment my body with accessories so that when people speak to me, their attention goes to my eyes -not the junk in my trunk.
I also think that the accessories you add to your outfit are more important than the clothes we wear. A great handbag is an investment piece that can make a $5 T-shirt look upscale and sophisticated.
Another thing you may want to take into consideration is that where your handbag meets your body, determines where other people’s eyes will go.
I always tell my friends that if you’re going to splurge on just one, the color and design of your handbag should be versatile enough to go with more than one outfit.
Here are 5 tips to help you decide what the perfect handbag could be for you, according to your body type:
1. If you are curvy from the waist down, then the best thing to do is to pick a small purse with a short strap. This type tucks in nicely under the arm, draws the observer’s eye upward, and doesn’t add any layers to the lower half of your body.
2. If you’re shaped like a cone and your girls are the life of the party, a larger bag with a longer strap can take the attention away from your bosom.
3. For a thin and sleek body, a large bag will work perfectly.
4. An apple shaped woman should pick a smaller bag with a hint of color or a subtle pattern, one with a short to medium length strap. This way, the focus will be on the upper half of your body.
5. For the hourglass body, practically any style mentioned above works!
You have already spent time and money into the picking your outfit. Maximize your look by taking the time to pick the accessories that you add. A great handbag can help bring a look together.
Get more tips like these. Subscribe to my free newsletter, HERE.
Do you have a question? PLEASE, let’s connect HERE or leave me a comment below! Want more of this fabulousness? Sign up for my FREE newsletter, HERE.