Welcome to Trendy Tuesday!
Today, we’ll address how to make jewelry work with your outfits.
There’s a misconception about wearing gemstone jewelry throughout the colder months. In fact, wearing gemstone jewelry can really make any outfit look great!
Here are a few tips to help you choose your jewelry and accessories:
1. Coordinate with your hair color.
- Depending on the tone, blonde hair can look good with gold or silver; so does black or brown hair look.
- Red or gray hair look well with silver accessories.
2. Coordinate with your clothing.
- Wear color with color, like red earrings with a red top or a blue necklace with a blue dress.
- To really make your jewelry pop, wear bright-colored jewelry with black clothing or colored jewelry with a plain outfit.
- Wear gold with earth toned clothing.
- Double a long necklace or tie it into a mid-length knot.
- A long necklace helps you look slender and tall.
- Wear large earrings or a delicate necklace to look smaller.
- Accentuate your face by wear a pin high on your shoulder (brooches are not just for grandma’s).
4. Coordinate the amount of jewelry.
- One piece of jewelry always creates an elegant look.
- Two matching pieces should be worn for a more formal event.
- Several pieces for a party, or just for fun.
5. Coordinate with other jewelry.
- Wear earrings that match your necklace.
- Wear two similar necklaces.
- Wear vintage pieces with vintage pieces or mix with modern pieces.
- Stack bracelets on the same wrist.
- Wear a bracelet with your watch.