NO ONE COULD RIDE A HORSE IF THE HORSE DISCOVERED ITS REAL STRENGTH. THE SAME THING IS TRUE FOR PEOPLE.
Horses are massive, gentle creatures who are by far larger and stronger than the men and women who handle them, yet they docilely obey the commands they are given.
It doesn’t seem logical that a large, powerful animal would allow itself to be mastered by a human being, yet we have been able to use our intelligence to dominate the animal kingdom.
You can use these same strengths to allow the positive side of yourself to dominate the negative.
A Positive Mental Attitude allows you to tap the source of great power that resides within you, enabling you to accomplish things you never before believed were possible.
For a better part of my life, I lived in what I used to call ‘limbo existence’. I wasn’t happy, but I wasn’t unhappy either. It was more like meh. I’d go with the flow. Wouldn’t interject in decisions that affected my life.
I had a good career, I earned a decent living, I had great friends and a loving family. Yet, I repeatedly lived each day like the one before.
Until one day, it got so dark, that I had to dig deep within me.
The key to unlocking my own emotional prison was not just in any of the books I had read, the therapists I had seen, the retreats I traveled to, gurus I saw, or the mountains I had climbed in search of my epiphany. It was in my own willingness to accept the present moment for what it was.
You too can make that choice. Here are 6 tips you can practice:
- Remember that you are powerful. Most of the time we have no idea what we are supposed to be doing, or who we are supposed to be imitating. We are not our professions, our feelings, or our circumstances. What we are is far greater, far superior, far more important, and far more mysterious than our conceptual mind tries to define. This is why we are far more powerful than we think we are.
- Choose life. Let go and embrace the moment, whether it contains an obstacle or an opportunity. Begin focusing on what’s really important to you.
- Don’t go through life expecting things to change. Life becomes hard and unfair when we decide to complain about things rather than trying to change them ourselves. Wake up to the truth that life is not a practice-run. Be bold and courageous, and make decisions that benefit your growth.
- Understand that you get to control your reactions. What we believe in our inner world, we see in our outer world—not the other way around. And we all have problems. We’re often tested by circumstances outside of our control. Even though you may not be in control of what’s going on outside of you, you can control how you react to those situations.
- Love yourself. You are here. Everything you need is too. Cut out the distractions, open your eyes, and see that you already have everything you need to be happy, loved, and fulfilled. It’s not out there. It never was. Be yourself. Accept everything that you are. You are beautiful. Believe it and act accordingly.
- Journey well. Be content with where you are today and don’t make the mistake of putting off being happy because you are waiting for the right moment to shine. Sometimes it takes a conscious effort to enjoy the journey.
Not everyone woke up this morning and not everyone will go to bed tonight. Every minute you are living is a blessing that has to be experienced in the moment. It’s not always easy, but it’s always a choice. And guess what? It’s YOUR choice.