As the Holidays approach us quickly, we are so involved in taking care of our family members, we tend to forget ourselves in the process. Here are some tips to help bring a smile to your face as you gear up for this festive season:
1) Create ambiance. For tonight’s dinner, put out your best linens, create a centerpiece, or simply light a candle. A festive setting makes for a festive mood.
2) Do something. Activity is therapeutic, and volunteerism is one of the best ways to give activity purpose. In helping others, you help yourself.
3) Hit the sack sooner. Go to bed an hour early tonight. Tomorrow, you’ll wake up refreshed and with a brighter outlook.
4) Turn off the television and radio news. Instead, when you gather around family and friends take out family albums and look through old pictures of yourselves. You will find that reliving those memories to be joyous and heartwarming.
5) Get to know your neighbors. A sense of neighborhood and community increases feelings of security and connectedness.
6) Know you’re loved. There’s no greater joy.
7) Look to the heavens. Whenever you have a chance to relax under the stars, do it. Gazing at the night sky makes you feel more connected to the world.