I am sharing 5 things to enjoy by yourself or with family + friends this weekend in NYC/NJ 📆
Listen up East Coast dwellers, even though summer is almost over, we all want to live our best life -without breaking the bank. Here are 5 things you can do before we head into the back to school craze in New York + New Jersey.
- With the Family – Little Island is a new public park at Pier 55 West of Manhattan where all New Yorkers and visitors can experience nature and art in a unique urban oasis on the Hudson River. VIDEO ATTACHED
- With a friend – The High Line first opened in 2009. Originally created entirely on an abandoned elevated train track, above the West Side neighborhoods. The views of the Hudson River and the downtown skyline are mesmerizing. The park hosts free star-gazing events, lively cultural happenings like latin dance nights and rotating works of sculpture and art throughout the year.
- For the Fashion Lover – The Museum at FIT showcases selections from the institute’s permanent collection, as well as temporary exhibitions focusing on individual designers and fashion’s role in society. The museum has a permanent collection of more than 50,000 garments and accessories dating from the eighteenth century to the present.
- Picnic at Liberty State Park – Located directly on the shores of the Hudson River, Liberty State Park is also the only location in New Jersey with Ferry service to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. The park has wide open fields, miles of pathways and an outdoor performance area providing an inviting atmosphere for all types of recreation. Groups of 20+ need a reservation + permit.
- For everyone – the Seaside Heights Boardwalk. Kids can enjoy the many boardwalk rides + there are a number of great restaurants and young adults will love the nightlife scene. You can still get a Beach day pass at $10 p/adult and kids under 11 are free.
View this post on Instagram