You’re probably on ‘New Year, New Goals’ overload…BUT please bare with me if you want to rock out your marketing this year.
As the smart entrepreneur that you are in every aspect of your life + business, I am breaking down 5 strategies that will support your marketing efforts this year:
- Do less marketing. Huh?!?!? The bottom line is that you know what isn’t working. Do less of that and also, don’t overextend yourself marketing in places where you don’t have the ability to sustain a long term effort. Focus on mastering 1 marketing platform at a time. Become indispensable in 1 area and in 1 network. And, meet your customers where they are.
- Target subscribers. The way to do that in a digital arena is by sharing valuable content on a specific date and a specific time. It’s like making an appointment with your audience. Create anticipation and reliability for it.
- Amplify your distribution. Creating valuable content is one thing, getting eyeballs to it, a completely different ball game. Build momentum by focusing on your subscribers and audience BUT you may also need to pay for promotion/distribution. Yes, this looks like print/online advertising that you pay for. Include it in your budget for the year as it’s imperative to keep your business visible.
- Make the connection among your visual assets. From a branding/marketing perspective what this means is that after taking a look at all your social media platforms ( Facebook Page, Twitter presence, LinkedIn Groups, YouTube Channel, blog, newsletter, etc.) can you answer this: If your logo fell off your marketing materials, would people know it was coming from you? If yes, AWESOME SAUCE! If no, take stock of your efforts and realign. They should all have the same look/feel as well as an improved user experience.
- Think mobile. If there is one thing you need to make sure of is that your website is optimized for mobile. Believe it or not, between 75-85% of sales happen on a mobile device. Yes, you read that correctly…75-85%! That’s a boat load of sales or signups that you’re missing out on if your site isn’t optimized for mobile devices. Get. On. It!
So, how will you make this year your most successful year ever? Anything else to add? Leave me a comment below!