In May of 2010, I had the privilege of attending Oprah’s Live Your Best Life Weekend here in NYC.
The experience was exhilarating, refreshing, inspiring…and when I saw Oprah, I cried.
I realized at that moment, that one of my dreams in life was to be able to at least get to see this amazing woman…and it had just come true.
It was so exciting to also get to see Suze Orman, Gayle King, Nate Burkus and Dr. Oz., but I was specially enlightened by Martha Beck.
What a remarkable woman, speaker, life coach and mom!
Cleaning out my home office 2 days ago, and I came across the journal I kept during the weekend and to my “aha”, flipped through the pages of notes of what I took away from her. Here are the 13 things I learned then, that lead me to gratitude today:
1) Understand that Everyone’s road to happiness is different.
2) Joy and suffering lead your “road”.
3) If you can’t remember something, then you haven’t learned it.
4) Magic begins with wordlessness.
5) “Listen”…really listen.
7) Work like a dog.
9) Reward yourself.
10) Embrace the animal and angel within you.
11) Laughter brings tears and vice versa.
12) MY FAVORITE: Risk, do one thing that scares you, that leads to your heart’s desires.
13) Be grateful.
Just yesterday, I did #12…and the outcome has been extremely positive.
Lesson: Our fears stop us from accomplishing greater things in our lives; if we really want to make things happen, we have to face them.