In May of 2010, I had the privilege of attending Oprah’s Live Your Best Life Weekend in NYC.
The experience was nothing short of exhilarating, refreshing, inspiring. It was so exciting to see Oprah, Elizabeth Gilbert, Suze Orman, Gayle King, Nate Burkus, and Dr. Oz., but I was specially enlightened by Martha Beck.
What a remarkable woman, speaker, life coach and mother!
I came across the journal I kept during that weekend and to my “aha”, flipped through the pages of notes of what I took away from her.
Here are the 13 things I learned then, that I still practice today:
- Understand that Everyone’s road to happiness is different.
- Joy and suffering lead to your “road”.
- If you can’t remember something, then you haven’t learned it.
- Magic begins with wordlessness.
- “Listen”…really listen.
- Work like a dog.
- Reward yourself.
- Embrace the animal and angel within you.
- Laughter brings tears and vice versa.
- Risk, do one thing that scares you, that leads to your heart’s desires.
- Be grateful.
Our fears stop us from accomplishing greater things in our lives. If we really want to make things happen, we have to face them head on.
Keep it moving Chicas!